Some quick tips to help you prepare your home and your family for a hurricane
Helpful Hurricane Tips:
- Close all interior doors. The negative pressure that can be put on a home during a storm can be pretty tremendous. Having your interior doors shut will help to prevent your windows from blowing out and your roof from literally blowing off.
- Bring in any pets that are able to be brought in. Secure a shelter and safe place for those that must stay outside.
- Be sure to clean your yard of any objects that could blow around and cause damage or harm to yourself or your home and automobiles.
- Strap down trampolines, swing sets, patio furniture, etc.
- Bring in any plants, decorations, flags.
- Make sure all windows are closed and locked. If possible, shutter all windows.
- Trim any tree branches that are within 10 feet of your home.
- Clean out your gutters so that they can do their job properly when the surplus of rain begins.
- If possible, bring automobiles inside of garages. If you can’t do this, move them away from trees that may fall or lose branches during the storm.
- If you have a basement, store things in water proof containers.
Most importantly, be sure that you and your family are prepared by having candles, lighters or matches, non perishable foods, water, flash lights, extra batteries, generators, and anything else to prepare you for a power outage.
After the storm…
Freedom Home Services offers $99 post-hurricane check ups. We will either climb on your roof or fly a drone. We will get in the attic and look for leaks. We will look in and around your home for leaks or other damage. This report can be used for your insurance company to help you start a claim, if necessary. Click here to get started!
Be safe out there!